[Gambas-user] Problem with Gambas and MySql

Fernando Martins fernando at ...3175...
Sun Oct 6 00:23:17 CEST 2013

On 10/05/2013 11:44 PM, Willy Raets wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 10:33 -0400, nando wrote:
>> This isn't really a Gambas issue.
>> The table is poorly created without a primary key with auto-increment.
>> If you wanted to delete one row with values 347 200, then which row would it be?
>> Without the primary key, you're asking MySQL to guess, and it wont.
>> Whatever your 'row pointer' is in Gambas, MySQL knows nothing of it.
>
> So, in other words, if in Gambas I open a table for edit, issue
> a .MoveNext in a loop, until I find the needed record, next do a .Delete
> and .Update, MySql has no idea what record to delete?

IIRC, ms access had the concept of a record number (for JET dbs) which
it would/could use independently of a pkey. Maybe your application was
relying on it. MySQL does not have this concept, therefore it needs a
criteria that uniquely identifies a record if you want to delete a
single record.

Fernando