[Gambas-user] Problem with Gambas and MySql

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sat Oct 5 23:44:29 CEST 2013

On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 10:33 -0400, nando wrote:
> This isn't really a Gambas issue.
> The table is poorly created without a primary key with auto-increment.
> If you wanted to delete one row with values 347 200, then which row would it be?
> Without the primary key, you're asking MySQL to guess, and it wont.
> Whatever your 'row pointer' is in Gambas, MySQL knows nothing of it.

So, in other words, if in Gambas I open a table for edit, issue
a .MoveNext in a loop, until I find the needed record, next do a .Delete
and .Update, MySql has no idea what record to delete?

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/