[Gambas-user] How do I add a script to a Deb file

Sat Oct 5 20:17:10 CEST 2013

> Best solution would still be to get 3.4.2 into official repo.
> This means getting it into the Debain repo first as Ubuntu takes his
> Gambas package from Debain upstream.
> See: http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gambas3.html

Currently debian package quality of gambas are very low

> All it takes is (I have been investigating this matter for a while):
> One (1) person who knows how to package Gambas 3.4.2 on Debian and
> willing to do this.

i packaged the gambas 3.4.0 for debian lenny, squeeze and see that:
* manpages are bad formated
* bianries are in some wrong way
* devel package do not contain any header, only binarys
* components packages are only "so" files no soname are made
* litian has many warnings
and in debian oficial the main priority are license.. all files must be
right licenced with header information and permisions

> As I understand it, you don't need to package for all architectures,
> because that is done automatically after you uploaded the package and a
> mentor picked it up.

currently u only must to upload the dsc source files, on mentors, then u
must go to search for a sponsor and thats all

> To get your package into Debian read this:
> http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
>
> So, who can either:
> 1. Learn me how to package Gambas for Debian, so I can get it uploaded
> OR
> 2. Package Gambas for Debain and upload it him/herself
>
> * All must understant that debian policies are the main document to read..
packages must complain that document
* second license: the most critical
* and lasted the packagin itselft

> So, Anyone?

 Debian users can cited and use the venenux.net packages, we are strict
close to GPL and Debian pure, not winbuntu so Debian users can use venenux
mirrors.. we need now mirror only due domain pays are very expensives