[Gambas-user] can't install my home-made-package, due to the dependencies

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...2345...
Thu Oct 3 14:19:10 CEST 2013

Am Donnerstag, den 03.10.2013, 13:40 +0200 schrieb Tobias Boege:
> On Thu, 03 Oct 2013, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> > Salut,
> >
> > on Ubuntu 10.04 I tried to install my home-made-package, but I can't,
> > due to the dependencies.
> >
> > Against what the gambas3-runtime is checked? I thought gbx3.
> >
> > But I never had installed any gambas from a package, always complied
> > from source code.
> >
> > Where do I wrong.
> >
> > @Scenic:~/gambas/3/myLib/Comp/Ziel$ dpkg -I
> > a-timepicker_0.0.6-1_all.deb
> >  neues Debian-Paket, Version 2.0.
> >  Gr????e 14060 Byte: control-Archiv= 680 Byte.
> >      307 Byte,    10 Zeilen      control
> >      697 Byte,     9 Zeilen      md5sums
> >  Package: a-timepicker
> >  Version: 0.0.6-1
> >  Architecture: all
> >  Maintainer: a<Karl.Reinl at ...9...>
> >  Installed-Size: 100
> >  Depends: gambas3-runtime (>= 3.0.90), gambas3-runtime (<< 3.99.0)
> >  Section: contrib/devel
> >   This is a Gambas component written in Gambas
> >

> > @Scenic:~/gambas/3/myLib/Comp/Ziel$ gbx3 -V
> > 3.4.90 r5866
> >

> I don't use Ubuntu and haven't seriously tried to create an installation
> package for a Gambas program yet but my guess is the following: When you
> create an installation package from the Gambas IDE, you create a package
> for a particular package manager. On Ubuntu, this would be dpkg, right?
>
> The package manager sees the dependencies which the IDE included in the
> package and needs to resolve them before installing the program, naturally.
> A package manager only knows of packages which are installed by itself. It
> doesn't know that you already have installed per Makefile what is included
> in the gambas3-runtime package. So this is a problem.
>
> I remember that I once faced this at school, too (we had an Arch Linux
> computer lab). The solution was to create packages for the package manager
> from the SVN repository and install them (instead of doing make install).
> This is an expensive business to set up and you have luck on Ubuntu because
> Sebi, IIRC, offers daily built packages of trunk through PPA[0].
>
> If I didn't get some easy relations here - as I said, package management is
> nothing I'm that familiar with -, I'd be glad if someone corrected me.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi
>
> [0] https://launchpad.net/~sebikul/+archive/gambas-daily

Salut Tobi,

yes, it is made for dpkg.
For the package manager and its knowledge, that is what I guess too.
More over, I forced it, and got a blocked dpkg,  due to the unresolved
dependencies.

So I think about to write my own 'user responsible' installer, like
gambas2 made with user written components.

Thanks anyway.
--
Amicalement
Charlie