[Gambas-user] C++ library for matrix operations

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Nov 29 00:04:06 CET 2013

Le 28/11/2013 23:42, terco IDE a écrit :
> Hi all:
> (first post here)
>
> I'm porting a VB6 program that does Structural Calculations
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/estru3d/
>
> wich uses a lots of matrix operations plus a ecuations solver for band matrixes.
>
> I've made a DLL for the win32 enviroment 10 years ago that speeded up x100 then solver.
>
> Here's my battery of questions:
>
> can Gambas pass 2D arrays to C?
>
> assuming YES, how is the 2D array stored in gambas?
>
> suppose a 3x3 array:   row1row2row3  or  col1col2col3?
>
> it is possible to pass HUGE arrays, 100.000 8byte float elements?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> PD:
> the program is being ported in the spanish specializad gambas forge
>
> http://forge.gambas-es.org/projects/estru3d
>
> I'm having the help of guys who are too BASIC like me, so any help is welcome
>
> we're also planning to translate it to other languages
>
> (we're hiring, by the way ;)
>

> I need to make a C++ library for matrix operations
>
> Saludos
> Martin

If you pass an array to an extern function written C, the function will
receive a pointer to the beginning of the array data, so as soon as
elements are ordered the same way in Gambas and in C, everything will work.

Note that there is a gb.gsl component based on libgsl that implements
(among other things) matrix operations. Maybe you can take a look at it,
see if it can be useful for you.

And If you need something in the libgsl that is not implemented in the
component, tell me.

Benoît Minisini