[Gambas-user] X coordinate in Paint.DrawText works in reverse.

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Nov 27 12:30:02 CET 2013

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013, Ru Vuott wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have this code:
>
> *************************************
>
> Public Sub Button1_Click()
>
> Dim a As New Image
> Dim b As Picture
>
> ' I load a file image:
>    a = a.Load("/path/of/file/image")
>
> With Paint
>    .Begin(a)
>    .Font.Size = 16
>          .DrawText("d", 100, 20, 10, 10)
>    .End
> End With
>
>   a.Mirror(True, False)
>
>   b = a.Picture
>
>   PictureBox1.Picture = b
>
> End

> I do not understand why the X coordinate in "Paint.DrawText( )" metod works in reverse. ...if its value is near to zero, then the letter "b" is shown at the "right" edge of the image !
> Increasing the value of the X coordinate, the letter approaches to the "left" edge of the image !
>
> Same problem with "Paint.DrawRichText( )" metod !

The a.Mirror() looks suspicious... You mirror the Image "a" horizontally but
you don't assign the return value to anything so this effectively does
nothing. Why did you include that code?