[Gambas-user] Pre-release of Gambas 3.5.1

Kende Krisztián nemh at ...2007...
Mon Nov 18 16:54:59 CET 2013

> Kendek: By backporting gb.media and gb.jit you are restricting me from
> asking an Ubuntu MOTU to sync the Gambas packages for older series with
> your PPA once the Debian repository is updated. They will not accept a
> package which has a dependency not available in the official repos.
>
> [0]
> https://launchpad.net/~gstreamer-developers/+archive/ppa/+packages?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=published&field.series_filter=precise

It's unlikely. Ubuntu developers are not backporting Gambas packages in
Ubuntu 12.04 official repository. But the llvm-3.2 has been backported
(LP: #1177679), just armhf packages are not available (I created in the
nemh/gambas3 PPA).

In any case, the gstreamer can be ported back, it's completely separate,
like llvm-3.2. Or they simply rewrite the source. The Ubuntu developers
are talented programmers, they clearly understand the Python language
(or not...).

Kendek