[Gambas-user] Pre-release of Gambas 3.5.1

Sat Nov 16 01:03:00 CET 2013

From: Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...>
> Yeah... Let's don't get political here.
>

> PS: I'm away over the weekend. I realise that I presented my views in a
> rather destructive manner and as if they were facts - on purpose. If this
> thread becomes a flame war about software development philosophies,
> sophists
> and globalisation I just want to say: he started it :-) And in case it
> matters: I use vim, not emacs ;-)

dont worry, its just u'r opinion..

but logic said: it when something works and just "the environment"
force to upgrade/change, this being illogical,
if something works it is illogical to change for something that
has not been tested yet! RIGHT?

> (I don't want to sound like a sophist but I have to note this:)
> English is not my native language but at least the normally used German
> word
> for "development" means something around progress, kind of evolution. If
> you
> don't want new packages to be used, then you effectively say that Gambas
> should not be developed anymore by software developers but just maintained
> by some bookkeeper. Then you will soon find people leaving the project. It
> would just not be interesting anymore. (Well, at least then, Gambas would
> be
> truly stable.)
well develoment its about progress, of course, today this meaning was
"misrepresented/twisted" in very convenient terms je!
i cited, its about progres TO A FINAL POINT!
not to a constant undefined no-end "upgrading way of things"

> Of course I see that you mean two different things when you say "new" on
> the one hand and "new" on the other hand but you should make it clear
> to not get misunderstood.
>
> Maybe what you want is something like this: have someone maintain an old
> stable release of Gambas and just patch in bug fixes (like the Linux kernel
> does) to these releases. You can even have someone to only patch in bug
> fixes and interpreter enhancements and leaving alone gb.media at
> gstreamer-0.10. Why not?
>
> I tell you why not: you need people who volunteer (or someone who
> volunteers
> to hire someone ;-)) and there currently is nobody to do it. Will you?
i doit that, my gambas packages has backported 12 patcheds from 3.5.X release

u'r opinion its a interesting point! of course

yeah ..    ¬_¬u

--
Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com