[Gambas-user] Gambas Future: shift away from Linux?

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Nov 4 16:34:51 CET 2013

On 2013-11-04 06:38, François Gallo wrote:
> I don't care to have a lot of users from Windows or OS X who use Gambas
> :-) . This is not my goal. My goal is just to be able to run Gambas
> applications without imposing choices.

Well, we can debate whether a given port should or shouldn't happen until
we're blue in the face, but none of it matters until someone writes the
code! Others have tried Windows ports before but never got very far.

It's just not going to be a priority for those of us who have been running
nothing but Linux for a decade or more. I was interested for a few years
when I had clients with heterogenous desktop environments, but
cross-platform desktop development has largely moved to the web.  I'd be
more interested in seeing an Android port, yet not interested enough to try
it myself (so far).

Rob