[Gambas-user] Gambas Future: shift away from Linux?

wig wig at ...1809...
Mon Nov 4 11:12:05 CET 2013

I will be one of the first to use the possibility to let users run some gambas
app on OSX (not to work on it myself).

But if I really have to, I can run in a VM, so I wouldn't ask someone/B. to
spent time on it at the cost of the own advances of Gambas on Linux.

We have a nice platform: Linux.

We have the best desktop, and we even have choice.

And for some years, we have a great Development Environment: Gambas.

Every minute has 60 seconds, so I prefer Benoit and all the rest of us to
spent this time on improving these nice things that we have.*

The License is clear.  People that want to do so can do whatever they want if
they follow the license.

The 'lock down' is rather a 'lock open'.

So just keep on doing the nice job as long as you can.

I don't think Linus made the wrong choice, and I don't think either that he
would try to be more ... (wathever else).

Wim Geraets

--

* have=create together.  not: bought, not: get for free but loose our privacy,
freedom, or whatever the free web-services cost us.