[Gambas-user] The problem with gb.gui, gb.gui.opengl, and gb.desktop.gnome (2)

Kende Krisztián nemh at ...2007...
Fri Nov 1 11:19:51 CET 2013

>> The other problem, 'foo' application doesn't work on KDE
>> desktop with 'foo-gtk', and doesn't work on GNOME desktop with
>> 'foo-qt4'.
>
> Of course they work. If you install 'foo-gtk' on KDE, you will just
> run the 'foo' program using the GTK+ libraries.
>
>> The selector component doesn't work well.
>
> What are you talking about?

I don't see it. I created a Gambas project with 'gb.gui', and this not
starting on GNOME desktop without 'gb.gtk' component. 'gb.qt4' is
installed on system, but 'gb.gui' not selecting this.

kendek at ...3104...:~$ locate gb.qt4
/usr/lib/gambas3/gb.qt4.component
/usr/lib/gambas3/gb.qt4.so
/usr/lib/gambas3/gb.qt4.so.0
/usr/lib/gambas3/gb.qt4.so.0.0.0
/usr/share/gambas3/info/gb.qt4.info
/usr/share/gambas3/info/gb.qt4.list

kendek at ...3104...:~$ '/home/alma/alma.gambas'
gb.gui: unable to load 'gb.gtk' component
ERROR: #2: Cannot load class 'ButtonBox': Cannot load parent class:
Cannot load class 'UserControl': Unable to load class file

alma.desktop uses gb.image, gb.gui and gb.form components