[Gambas-user] The problem with gb.gui, gb.gui.opengl, and gb.desktop.gnome (2)

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Nov 1 10:49:19 CET 2013

Le 01/11/2013 02:11, Bruce a écrit :

> (Purely theoretical given this is all a bit too hard for me)
>
> a) where is gb.image going to live?

What's the problem with gb.image?

> b) if 'foo' uses one of the UI's directly then I presume you would only
> get (say) foo-gtk. Does that render the entire package unusable on a KDE
> environment?

No: installing foo-gtk will install the gb.gtk component and GTK+ 2. But
the program will work on KDE, exactly like any other GTK+ 2 program.

> c) BTW I'll check again, but I seem to recall that the keyring is still
> there in gtk 3....

I'm almost sure that it has a new design. But the only important thing
is having a command-line tool to deal with it.

--
Benoît Minisini