[Gambas-user] The problem with gb.gui, gb.gui.opengl, and gb.desktop.gnome (2)

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Fri Nov 1 02:11:05 CET 2013

On Fri, 2013-11-01 at 01:44 +0100, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In revision #5924, the IDE generates meta-packages for QT4 and GTK+
> support when a project uses the gb.gui component. There is no dependency
> on the non-existing gb.gui package anymore. Same thing for gb.gui.opengl.
>
> So, if the 'foo' project uses gb.gui, the packager will generate the
> three following packages:
> - 'foo', the full project will all its dependencies.
> - 'foo-qt4', a void package that depends on 'foo' and 'gb.qt4'.
> - 'foo-gtk', a void package that depends on 'foo' and 'gb.gtk'.
>
> If 'foo' uses gb.gui.opengl, the corresponding opengl dependencies will
> be added to the 'foo-qt4' and 'foo-gtk' packages.
>
> At the moment, only Debian/Ubuntu has been implemented.
>
> Can you test it and tell me if it works for you?
>
> I will add the conditional dependency foo-gtk | foo-qt4, but I want to
> check if it possible with RPM, Arch, and Slackware packages first.
>
> Regards,
>
> P.S. I admire you and others making binary packages. Playing with debian
> packaging is like programming the Win32 API with the brainfuck language
> for me. It took me more than four hours to make these two metapackages
> without getting a cryptic error.

(Purely theoretical given this is all a bit too hard for me)

a) where is gb.image going to live?
b) if 'foo' uses one of the UI's directly then I presume you would only
get (say) foo-gtk. Does that render the entire package unusable on a KDE
environment?
c) BTW I'll check again, but I seem to recall that the keyring is still
there in gtk 3....

--
Bruce <bbruen at ...2308...>
Paddys-Hill dot net