[Gambas-user] Feature request: Read a component's .info file for help in the IDE

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat May 25 11:40:42 CEST 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 24/05/2013 23:14, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > it is said in [0] that the IDE can access an .info file of a project to get
> > documentation out of it.
> >
> > I tried this with gb.openssl which I documented in its source code. It did
> > not work since it's a component and not a project. As the gambas-devels may
> > already know, I have a bunch of scripts to extract these comments and merge
> > them into existing .info files. This works properly meanwhile. Consequently,
> > I'd like to see the IDE display the help comments in a *component's* .info
> > file. Is that possible?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >
> > [0] http://gambasdoc.org/help/doc/helpcomments?v3
> >

> No, component help must be written on the wiki.
>
> Component help can be written on the wiki only after I have uploaded the
> information files on the wiki server.
>
> I will upload the information files after having taken a look at the
> interface of your component.

Do you mean that you can import an .info file to the wiki? This would be
great to kick-start the gb.openssl documentation if you used my modified
.info file.

Regards,
Tobi