[Gambas-user] File extensions

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Thu May 16 17:39:49 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to achieve something but have no idea even where to start
looking.

Let's say I have a gambas3 application named MyFileMaker

The application MyFileMaker saves files with extension .myfile

What I want to achieve is when double clicking a .myfile for application
MyFileMaker to open with the double clicked .myfile

1. How does my application know it is opened because a .myfile was
double clicked instead of opened from menu as usual as it has to act
differently?
2. How does the system know that a .myfile needs to be opened with
MyFileMaker?
3. How do I give the .myfile their own icon, meaning how does the system
know that when there is a .myfile it has to use an icon I provided?

This all needs to work when a end user installs MyFileMaker, so:

4. What do I need to do when making a package. Are there any options
that need to be set in the packaging wizard and how do they need to be
set?

Any hint or link to more information would be welcome.

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/