[Gambas-user] Gambas IDE doesn't save files.

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Mar 31 17:40:07 CEST 2013

Le 31/03/2013 17:27, Ron a écrit :
> Ok.
>
> I have again a serious issue with Gambas3.
>
> I had coded quite some stuff in a specific class, and clicked save all
> the time on the class tab.
> It never complained...
>
> I look on disk, (i wanted to svn commit it from cli), svn didn't find
> any files to commit, simply because the changes are not there.
> When I run the project the changes are running...
>
> Then I thought ok I save the whole project as backup to a different
> location, just to be sure I don't lost my code.
>
> Did this, it didn't complained again...
> After saving, the class file in IDE contains the old code.
> And now all my changes are gone.
>
> Why doesn't the IDE raise a big error when it cannot save a file, or a
> whole project 100%??
>
> I seriously find myself caught in very big issues every time, I simply
> don't get any further coding on my own project.
> The time has come to say Gambas farewell and stop using it I am afraid...
>
> Gambas3 is simply not even close to the stability Gambas2 was for
> years and years...
>
> Regards,
> Ron.

Sorry for your lost, but Gambas IDE does display a big error message in
a balloon if a file cannot be saved.

Which version of Gambas do yo use? Did you compile it yourself?

I use the Gambas IDE for my job all the days for years, and I have never
lost anything yet.

The only possible code path that can prevent a source code file to be
saved is if the code editor is read-only. But then you could not have
modified its contents, so it is strange!

Maybe you were unlucky and triggered a bug that noone has encountered
yet. Sorry for that again.

Benoît Minisini