[Gambas-user] Gambas2.7 on puppy linux: how to change TargetPort on UDP ?

robotop eficara at ...626...
Mon Jun 10 19:13:39 CEST 2013

Hello, I'm using Gambas2 for a very basic DNS server with limited features.
There are no problems receiving packets on port 53 via UDP socket. The
request is parsed and the answer is formed correctly and printed to a
message window, then the UDP TargetHost is set with the contents of
SourceHost and the TargetPort is set to 53; the problem is that the answer
UDP packet is sent on a different port (typ. 1031..1044). It seems that the
assignment UdpDnss.TargetPort = 53 is ignored; a confirmation is that if I
read back the value of UdpDnss.TargetPort, the value read is different from
53 and, again, typically in the range 1031..1044). How can I change that
port ? Is there a way to change the data directly accessing the memory
buffer where the stream is stored ? How to simulate the varptr function that
isn't present on gambas2 ? I can't upgrade my system to Gambas3, 'cause of
lack of resources on my HW (miniITX board with CF disk) and no package
available for Puppy Linux newer than 2.7 ; thank you in advance. I'll wait
for your suggestions...