[Gambas-user] The WebCam Examples crash

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Sun Jun 2 16:00:19 CEST 2013

Le Sun, 02 Jun 2013 12:02:43 +0200, Adrien Prokopowicz
<adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...> a écrit:

> Le Sat, 01 Jun 2013 19:00:45 +0200, Benoît Minisini
> <gambas at ...1...> a écrit:
>

>> Hi, Richard.
>>
>> Can you try to run the MediaPlayer example in revision #5691?
>>
>> I added a button (a camera) that displays the contents of the first
>> video device (/dev/video0) instead of displaying the contents of a file.
>>
>> Tell me if it works for you. If it is ok, I will add
>> brightness/color/contrast controls to the example.
>>
>> Then I will eventually write a webcam example based on gstreamer only.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> Hi,
>
> I have a webcam, and reading from it works perfectly in the MediaPlayer
> example.
> However, now trying to open an audio file leads to a crash (not the same
> as the one I reported earlier).
> Valgrind and GDB outputs attached.
>
> Regards,

I found out what was wrong : I hadn't the gst-plugins-bad and
gst-plugins-ugly installed on my system (for the gstreamer-1.0 version),
so the MP3 files could not be read by GStreamer.

But the problem is not fixed, as I should get an error message instead of
a wild crash. :/

--
Adrien Prokopowicz