[Gambas-user] The WebCam Examples crash

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jun 1 19:00:45 CEST 2013

Le 31/05/2013 00:15, richard terry a écrit :
> I've asked about this before and wonder if anyone can help, as the web
> cam is/was critical to my clinical practice as it is integrated with
> EasyGP and I used to continually use it all day to do things ranging
> from snapping the patient's photo for their file, to taking pictures of
> skin lesions, rashes, etc etc, and inserting them directly into the notes.
>
> As previously mentioned this used to work on my old kubuntu 9 machine,
> but no versions since eg 10/11/12 and now on Linux Mint ditto.
>
> Running the  examples, or even my program does bring up the video image,
> but as soon as the form closes the program dies, below is the terminal
> printout.
>
> I can't believe I'm the only one in the world with this problem.
>
> I wonder if anyone else on the list could run the samples and report
> back - give suggestions or guidance.
>
> Regards
>
> richard

Hi, Richard.

Can you try to run the MediaPlayer example in revision #5691?

I added a button (a camera) that displays the contents of the first
video device (/dev/video0) instead of displaying the contents of a file.

Tell me if it works for you. If it is ok, I will add
brightness/color/contrast controls to the example.

Then I will eventually write a webcam example based on gstreamer only.

Benoît Minisini