[Gambas-user] components automatically loading based on usage

Tue Jul 23 04:49:31 CEST 2013

I just noticed that referencing a boolean variable "Match" now
automatically loads the pcre component and tries to use it as a function
(then obviously fails). This seems a dangerous precedent, as most GAMBAS
users probably don't use most components and therefore shouldn't be
constrained by their reserved keywords. Having any component
automatically enable itself for any reason is also troubling, as it
exposes the application to any vulnerabilities the component may possess
without the knowledge of the developer.

For the time being I'm just renaming my variable, but I was surprised to
see this. Thoughts anyone?

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues