[Gambas-user] Gambas blob behavior: Problems with retreiving a binary file stored in a database

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jul 19 15:07:08 CEST 2013

Le 19/07/2013 14:36, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :
> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 4:13 AM, Benoît Minisini
> <gambas at ...1... <mailto:gambas at ...1...>> wrote:
>
>     I tested with a mysql table created with Gambas classes having one
>     blob field. I fill many records with the file provided by you, and I
>     could retrieve the blobs as expected.
>

> that the problem, jajaja lol, that's always been the problem in free
> software guys.. mysql+apache+php etc etc
>
> no development of scale uses mysql men..
>
> the problem occurs with super-scalar database or that DBMS that follow
> the standard, not with mysql or sqlserver .. just the most "microsoft"
> men.. do u understant that?
>
> seems that do u not read complete previosly mails.. i'm working with
> mysql and postgresql/orcale..

If you have written your mails in clear engligh, maybe I would have
understood everything.

At my job we currently use a cluster of mysql databases to store hundred
of millions of records of GPS tracking (but no apache and no php). So I
cannot say that "no development of scale uses mysql men" (whatever it
really means...). But I admit, there is no blob in it...

I have found a bug in the Gambas blob management routines (a memory
corruption), I'm currently trying to fix it. Maybe this is the one you
got. But apparently it occurs for all DBMS, not just mysql.

--
Benoît Minisini