[Gambas-user] gambas newbie question re custom events

Horst Herb subscriptions at ...1822...
Fri Jul 19 04:51:11 CEST 2013

I would be most grateful if somebody could point me to a relevant section
of documentation or provide me with a minimal example for my following
problem:

I have a data model (non-GUI) that wants to emit a custom event (eg
"DataChanged"). Let's say for simplicity that the model is a simple string,
eg "MyString"  and when modified, it emits DataChanged(MyString.contents)

I have a GUI element (eg TextBox1) that has to change it's display in
response to the DataChanged event.

How do I bind the custom event to the GUI element's observer?

I would be most grateful for any hints,
Horst