[Gambas-user] A "Callback" function doesn't work.

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Thu Jul 18 15:50:20 CEST 2013

Hello Jussi,

have you read Benoît's message ? Where he tells he seems to have been running my Gambas code  (...if I do not have mistranslated ) :

*******************
I can run your program with no crash if
********************

albeit with some precautions:

**********************************
1) I rewrite the code at line 62.

Dim status As Integer

client = jack_client_open(nomeClient, JackNullOption, VarPtr(status), Null)

(the status argument must be a pointer to a 'jack_status_t' that should
be an 'int')

2) I run the code from a module and not from a form. In other words,
outside of the QT4 GUI loop that does not like threads.
***********************************

He says he run from a module. So I'ld like to know if I have to create a new project without FMain/Form... and - if affermative - how can I launch it?

bye
vuott

 Data: Giovedì 18 luglio 2013, 14:46

 > > Dim status As Short
 > >
 > > client = jack_client_open(nomeClient, options,
 > > VarPtr(status), Null)
 >

 > However... the relative compiled program was created,
 and launched in
 > Terminal I obtained this value:   4

 OK, so with memcpy you should use sizeof(gb.Single).

 After these corrections I got SGN11 from libjack.

 Starting program: /usr/bin/gbx3
 Using host libthread_db library
 "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
 [New Thread 0x7fffe6ee9700 (LWP 5951)]
 [New Thread 0x7fffe6e68700 (LWP 5952)]
 Cannot lock down 82246176 byte memory area (Cannot allocate
 memory)
 0
 Campionamento = 44100
 [New Thread 0x7fffe6de7700 (LWP 5953)]

 0x00007fffe6f0323c in ?? () from
 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjack.so.0.1.0
 (gdb) bt
 #0  0x00007fffe6f0323c in ?? () from
 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjack.so.0.1.0
 #1  0x00007fffffffc548 in ?? ()
 #2  0x0000000000006f9c in ?? ()
 #3  0x000000000000003d in ?? ()
 #4  0x0000000000000004 in ?? ()
 #5  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

 I don't know what is going on. If you really want to find
 out, maybe you
 should contact developers of jack,
 or compile libjack from sources with debugging information.
 Then I would
 think we could have more meaningful bt.

 But maybe we just missed something from the C to Gambas
 translation...

 Jussi
 See everything from the browser to the database with
 AppDynamics
 Get end-to-end visibility with application monitoring from
 AppDynamics