[Gambas-user] A "Callback" function doesn't work.

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Mon Jul 8 20:08:46 CEST 2013

On Mon, 08 Jul 2013, Ru Vuott wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to transpose the short C code of the application: "simple_client" based on Jack API, which you can see here:
>
>      https://github.com/jackaudio/example-clients/blob/master/simple_client.c
>
> This small Jack application uses a function "callback" in the code called "process",  which I tried to call in Gambas adhering to the instructions - about the "callbacks" - contained in the official documentation relating to external functions.
>
> I do not understand really why the "backcall" function in my Gambas transposition does not works.
> So I'ld like to ask for your help for a checking,  so that we can understand the real problem.
>
> I attach the source code of my Gambas transposition.
>
> (Application needs Jack is running)
>
> Thanks... a lot !

Sorry, I don't know the least what this project is about but the comment in
the C sources state that the callback is executed in a "special realtime
thread". This is the same problem as here[0], I suspect.

Regards,
Tobi

[0] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30895071