[Gambas-user] No error if source archive overwrite failed

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jan 19 16:14:41 CET 2013

Le 16/01/2013 17:07, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that the IDE does not report the failing to overwrite an already
> existing source archive (Make -> Source archive) by a new one - in my case
> the overwrite failed because of insufficient permissions.
>
> Simple to reproduce:
>
> 1. Save a source archive of any project
> 2. chmod a-w the archive
> 3. Overwrite the source archive - allegedly successfully
> 4. Notice that the timestamp did not change (nor the content did)
>
> Gambas executables can apparently be overwritten flawlessly under the same
> circumstances, though. And you must help me with this point: If I do
>
> 1. Save an executable
> 2. Close the IDE
> 3. chown root:root the-executable.gambas
> 4. chmod a-rwx the-executable.gambas
> 5. Open the IDE again
> 6. Try to overwrite the executable
>
> It actually works! Did I miss something here?

Yes. The file is first deleted and then replaced. And the delete
authorization is in the directory rights bits, not in the file.

I have modified the "make source archive" routine in revision #5510 to
act the same way, and to display an error if something fails.

Benoît Minisini