[Gambas-user] No error if source archive overwrite failed

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Jan 16 17:07:19 CET 2013

Hi,

I noticed that the IDE does not report the failing to overwrite an already
existing source archive (Make -> Source archive) by a new one - in my case
the overwrite failed because of insufficient permissions.

Simple to reproduce:

1. Save a source archive of any project
2. chmod a-w the archive
3. Overwrite the source archive - allegedly successfully
4. Notice that the timestamp did not change (nor the content did)

Gambas executables can apparently be overwritten flawlessly under the same
circumstances, though. And you must help me with this point: If I do

1. Save an executable
2. Close the IDE
3. chown root:root the-executable.gambas
4. chmod a-rwx the-executable.gambas
5. Open the IDE again
6. Try to overwrite the executable

It actually works! Did I miss something here?

Regards,
Tobi