[Gambas-user] a new strange behavior

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Jan 10 13:18:02 CET 2013

Le 07/01/2013 15:19, Karl Reinl a écrit :
> Salut Benoît,
>
> for testing matters, I loaded the ReportExample from Examples and saved
> it as ReportExample in my home directory to 'Testing+Bugs'.
>
> Then I added on top of FMain.class 'Export', changed in Properties from
> normal to library and made an executable.
>
> After I loaded Database from Examples and saved it as Database in my
> home directory to 'Testing+Bugs' beside ReportExample.
>
> And attached in Properties/library the before made ReportExample.gambas.
>
> Now when I start Database in the IDE by F5 , the FMain from
> ReportExample comes up.
>
> Said : both project have FMain as startup marked. If I change Database
> FMain to FMain1 Database starts
>
> tested with Revision 5494

If you export FMain from your library, and if you have a FMain class in
your project, then the interpreter will make the project's FMain form
override (i.e. inherit with the same name) the library's FMain form.

But as FMain is a form, it already inherits "Form", and so cannot
override something else.

So you should get an error. But maybe it is silently ignored and so,
trying to start something called FMain anyway, the interpreter starts
the first one located in the library.

I will look at that.

Was I clear enough?

--