[Gambas-user] r5490, did you clean up too much ?

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Sun Jan 6 00:07:55 CET 2013

On Sat, 2013-01-05 at 22:23 +0100, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 05.01.2013, 21:15 +0100 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> > Le 05/01/2013 20:48, Charlie Reinl a écrit :
> > > Thanks for your hints!
> > > Yes the third width is 0.
> > > However before, you could catch it at the left side and draw it larger.
> > > That do not work any more.
> > >

> > Sorry I don't understand what you wrote. If the third width was zero,
> > why did you expect to see it?
> >

> First I didn't see it.
> What I did :
> 	after an problem on my project, where I tried to pull the
> 	section larger, that did not work, so I set the 0
> 	width to 50, and that did change nothing again.
>  So I started the test-project.
>  - on F_r5490 with HS = Hsplit
>  - I added the two forms F_r5490_LE and F_r5490_TB to HS
>  - I ran it at saw I had forgot F_r5490_PE, so I quit the project
>  - I added the  F_r5490_PE  form .
>  - when I restarted, F_r5490_PE was not to see, and I could not catch it
>    to pull it larger.
>  - so I copied the project to another box with r5xxx and all worked fine
>  - after an update to r5485 still everything works
>
> Finally there are 2 problems :
> 1.	on Settings.Read(<splitter>) a 2 part Hsplit-layout keeps the
> 	size of the two first parts, when a third part was added, and
> 	sets the new part to 0
> 2.	you can't pull the 0 sized part larger, because you can't catch
> 	it

Benoît,
I believe I have the same problem(s).  I am running r5485.
My demo attached.

Some further info that hopefully helps.

I don't think "adding" a third part to the splitter causes it, as my
splitter always had three parts.  What appears to me is that:

* There is some limit to the ratios in the MainSplitter.Layout that
Arrange (?) can resolve when Settings.Read(MainSpliter) is invoked.  For
example, in my demo if the saved ratios are MainSplitter=[79,408,245]
when the program is restarted, the left hand part is invisible, and

* even though I _can_ catch the resizing point for the left hand part,
as soon as it is dragged right, the middle part is shrunk to zero width
and I am resizing the middle and right parts only.

* exiting the program after that, the settings that are saved, for
example, are MainSplitter=[0,409,323]

Hope this info helps resolve this.

regards
Bruce