[Gambas-user] Debian repo on a dedicated server

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Thu Feb 21 01:44:52 CET 2013

Hi all,

I've seen a discussion passing on a Debian repo I believe Sebikul made
for Gambas 3.3.4 (based on Kendeks packages but for ARM ?)

Having no Gambas3 repository with a recent Gambas3 version is quite
problematic if you want to distribute user installation packages to end
users on Debian.

Sholzy (the man behind the Gambas Forum) has moved all to a dedicated
server. The Gambas Project Network (see links in my signature) is also
on the same server.

Having a dedicated server Sholzy wants to set up repositories for
Gambas3 and asked us on our needs.

For Ubuntu and Ubuntu based distros we have Kendek (our saviour..)
Fedora has 3.3.4 in official repos
openSuSe has the Mundix repo

Debian Wheezy is stuck at 3.1.1 in it's official repo and for Debian 6.0
you'll have to do with Gambas2 (although I managed using PPA Kendek to
install Gambas from 3.3.2 onward)

So Debian seems what we need most in the main distros. But we have no
clue on how to set up a Debian repo, nor how to make Gambas packages for
the repo.

Anyone with experience willing to take on this part of setting up a
Gambas3 Debain repo (if needed a Daily builds as well) and make the
Gambas packages that go there?

We would love to have you on the team

--
Kind regards,