[Gambas-user] Need Gambas3 Made Apps.

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Wed Feb 6 19:15:50 CET 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-06 at 09:04 +0100, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> Hi, John... please tell here what are your hurry needs !

Hi Fabien,

Since John hasn't replied yet I'll try to explain.
We will take a standard distro and strip if from a lot of applications
to make it light weight. We'll have Gambas3 pre installed on the distro and some guides in pdf sitting on the desktop.
Next to the Software Center where you can install all common application it will have a separate Gambas3 software center (see project ShowCase) and a Gambas3 application repository.
>From here Gambas3 applications can be installed directly on the distro (think point of view of an end user).

Next we will try to replace applications present on the distro by Gambas3 applications.
These applications will of course be pre-installed on the distro replacing the original ones and will also be in the ShowCase (Gambas3 Software Center so to speak)

So we would like:
- Gambas3 Calculator
- Gambas3 Text Editor
- Gambas3 Image Viewer
- Gambas3 Pdf Viewer
- Gambas3 Webbrowser
- Gambas3 MoviePlayer
and such..

They need to be GNU Version 3 licensed.
Developers of the application will of course be mentioned as contributors in the GambOS project.

Any questions, just post them..

Willy