[Gambas-user] What on GGE is happening here?

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Sun Dec 29 10:06:22 CET 2013

I wanted to create a text file in a project regarding some strangeness.
Have been doing this type of thing for years now with no problems at
all. But today, with rev 6013 some strangeness is happening inside the
IDE itself.

I have attached a pic (which I hope is small enough) to explain this (if
it is possible at all!)

I had just run the project inside the IDE for the 40,000th time and am
starting to see where my strangeness is happening. So in the IDE,
between runs I created a text file in the Project "directory" in the
project browser panel, called for vague enough reasoning "Notes.txt".
After the last (40,001th) run I wanted to add some more observations and
for want of a better word "insight".

Now the IDE strangeness began.

As I typed "upd" the completion help for an enum in the project popped
up. That is what is in the pic. Even that is hard to cope with, the enum
constant is "ModeUpdate" not any of ["update","Updated","updated"]. I
have searched the entire project and there is not one word that begins
with the string "upd".

(Oops my error, there is an event declared in one class that is named
"Updated(Key As String)" but then why wouldn't I get the completion for
the event?)

        But wait! There's more!

I have been playing around with the new File|Open File... menu in the
IDE for a couple of days now. New? I thought it was. Maybe I never
noticed it before.  Now there is something weird with green hair and at
least 16 furry toes. I'll leave my observations unsaid for the moment.

        And if you ring in the next 10 minutes...

We will include my Xmas wish for 2014 at absolutely no extra cost!

        Thank you for acllingffsq, all our urperatrsq are ...

What I'd really like to see is, when running a project through the IDE
(at a debug point or not) is a way to go back into the IDE and make some
notes about the behaviour.  Currently, I use the IDE console panel to do
this but that approach is far below what I am talking about, because it
gets jumbled up inside all the stdout/stderr messages I am using when
debugging.

So I'd like a "jotter" tab in the IDE, please.

too much talk

regards
Bruce

p.s.Hope you all had a Mary.Xmas()