[Gambas-user] Centering problem

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Dec 28 20:25:33 CET 2013

Le 28/12/2013 20:20, ISS Boss a écrit :
> I've mentioned this before, but only in passing on other comments.  Now,
> I've created a tiny project that illustrates what I've been talking about.
>
> It is just a single form with 6 items on it that are NOT centered
> horizontally.  To demonstrate what I am talking about, give this a try:
>
> 1) open the project and take a look at the form
>
> (((((  Between each step, hit 'CTRL-Z' to go back to start.  )))))
>
> 2) Select item #1 and click 'Center Horizontally".  It should do just
> that, properly.  (NOTE: the 'tool tip' is wrong for both tools - jpg's
> attached)
>
> 3) Select Item #1 & #2 and click the centering tool.  They should
> scatter into weird positions
>
> 4) Select #1, #2, & #3 and click the centering tool.  Same result (only
> worse)
>
> 5) Select #1, #2, #3, & #4 and click the centering tool.  Same result
> (much worse)
>
> 6) Any more selected and the tool with IGNORE you.  Nothing gets
> centered at all.

The tooltips are right, but the verb "center" is not accurate, it should
be "spread" instead. Anyway, its behaviour is not clever.

I will think about it: maybe I will make four tools instead of two, one
for spread (correctly), and another for (really) center.

Or maybe I will remove them entirely! And replacing them by containers
that can center and spread at runtime.

Benoît Minisini