[Gambas-user] Serial port control

Carl Nilsson nilsson at ...1979...
Mon Dec 23 00:01:38 CET 2013

G'day all:
Now with Gambas 3 installed, I want to get on with porting my running
software from VB6/Windows.  It requires processing multiple streams
of binary serial data from attached devices.  The serial control in
gambas 3 does not seem up to the job, in so far as the available
properties lack the elements I use under VB MScomm.  In addition to
the basic ones, these are inbuffer.size, outbuffer.size,
inbuffer.count, inputMode, input Len(gth), PortOpen and, in
particular, R Threshold and S Threshold.  The latter R/S Thresholds
are very useful in allowing the software to get on with other
processing while the buffers are filling - at least that is my understanding.
I ask if whoever wrote the gambas serial control has any plans to
expand it's functionality to the MScomm level in the foreseeable
future or can someone point me to another more comprehensive control
I could use with gambas?
Carl

Carl S Nilsson
137 Gordons Hill Road