[Gambas-user] Cairo

Pino Zollo pinozollo at ...626...
Wed Dec 18 17:16:28 CET 2013

El 18/12/13 11:05, gambas-user-request at lists.sourceforge.net escribió:
> The code from draw.begin:
>
>   Draw.Begin(DrawingArea1)
>   Rap = Draw.w / 3
>   DH = Draw.H
>
>     ' [GB2:BCOL] DrawingArea1.BackColor = Color.White   ' OK works
>     DrawingArea1.Background = Color.White

> So, yes, it is between draw.begin and draw.end.
> But this is not clear if you read the documentation.
> http://gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.qt4/draw?v3
>
> Is there way to get error message from compiler?
>
> Jussi
How can a poor programmer imagine that Draw is into qt4 ? there  is not
an entry from the main list of instructions.

Do you think that this buggy documentation is sufficient ?

for instance...  the documentation of Paint does not mention that it has
to be inside an event handler...
I have discovered it experimenting...

The worst for me is that I do not understand why Draw or Paint must be
inside an event handler...

...it was not so in Gambas2 ...

Who triggers the event ?...why  ? when ?

How can other classes modify the drawing ?

Please help a simple-minded programmer...

Thanks

Pino