[Gambas-user] App launch icons on Ubuntu

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Mon Dec 16 10:30:34 CET 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-16 at 08:55 +0000, John Rose wrote:
> Johny,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. I installed 'Create Launcher' from the
> Ubuntu Software Center. Why does it need 'Buy' when it has a zero price?
> I also noticed that 'Manage Launcher' is a newer version of 'Create
> launcher' with extra facilities (I found it when searching for 'Create
> Launcher' in the Ubuntu Software Center. Do you recommend using that
> instead?
>
> However, the use of 'Create Launcher' or 'Manage Launcher' does not
> answer my question. When the Gambas IDE is used to create an
> 'Installation Package' and the resultant .deb file is installed on the
> same or another computer using gdebi, I do not have the icon (for the
> app) on the Unity launcher which I want but instead the standard Gambas
> icon. As I previously said,  I used to be able to do this but I've
> forgotten the method. Either that or the method doesn't work for my
> version of Gambas (3.5.1) or for Ubuntu Precise.

Hi John,

This Gambas application icon problem on Unity has been discussed
recently here on the list.

Go to the online mailing list forum to this topic
(http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/New-to-this-list-td44526.html)

Check if that answers your question.

--
Kind regards,