[Gambas-user] App launch icons on Ubuntu

John Rose john.aaron.rose at ...626...
Mon Dec 16 09:55:27 CET 2013

Johny,

Thanks for your suggestion. I installed 'Create Launcher' from the
Ubuntu Software Center. Why does it need 'Buy' when it has a zero price?
I also noticed that 'Manage Launcher' is a newer version of 'Create
launcher' with extra facilities (I found it when searching for 'Create
Launcher' in the Ubuntu Software Center. Do you recommend using that
instead?

However, the use of 'Create Launcher' or 'Manage Launcher' does not
answer my question. When the Gambas IDE is used to create an
'Installation Package' and the resultant .deb file is installed on the
same or another computer using gdebi, I do not have the icon (for the
app) on the Unity launcher which I want but instead the standard Gambas
icon. As I previously said,  I used to be able to do this but I've
forgotten the method. Either that or the method doesn't work for my
version of Gambas (3.5.1) or for Ubuntu Precise.

--
Regards, John