[Gambas-user] gb.logging API change

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...626...
Mon Dec 16 04:14:48 CET 2013

I just commited an update to the gb.logging component. Please note that a
call to Logger.Begin() is no longer necessary and will fail. The log is
automatically opened for writing when creating the logger.

A recent change, too, is the ability to use the component without creating
a Logger instance. If you call Logger.Log(...) a new, hidden instance will
be created for you. This is useful if you only need one Logger and use it
in multiple Modules/Classes of you application. It will save you a public
variable and a few LOC.

Also, it is now possible to redirect the Logger output to stderr ;)

Hope you like it! Please let me know any thoughts!