[Gambas-user] App launch icons on Ubuntu

Johny Provoost johny.provoost at ...27...
Sun Dec 15 19:27:15 CET 2013

op 15-12-13 18:18, John Rose schreef:
> Using Gambas 3.5.1, I'm not sure how to create an launcher icon for a
> Gambas app. I thought that I had to add the icon's file to the Data
> entry using the New>Image menu entry. After that I used to do something
> else, which I've now forgotten. I also had the feeling that the icon's
> filename must not have spaces or upper case letters in it, but I could
> well be wrong in that.
> PS I can put an icon on a form (e.g. the FMain) using the form's icon
> property but I think that only puts the icon in the form's title bar.

Do you mean a launcher in Ubuntu unity?  For that you can use 'Create
Launcher' witch you can find in the software center.
I have written a small thing for this myself, but it's completely in
dutch.  I can send it if you want.

--

*Vriendelijke Groeten*

*Johny Provoost*

*mailto: johny.provoost at ...27... <mailto:johny.provoost at ...27...>*

*mailto: johny.provoost at ...626... <mailto:johny.provoost at ...626...>*

*Website:* *http://www.johnyprovoost.net* <http://www.johnyprovoost.net/>