[Gambas-user] R: Desktop.Windows

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Thu Dec 5 00:00:24 CET 2013

Hi,

What do you mean with "select a window" ?

bye
vuott

 Data: Mercoledì 4 dicembre 2013, 17:50

 Previously, someone directed me to
 the app fenetreronde in order to
 acces a list of windows (i.e. not just those which are used
 by a Gambas
 app). So one can access windows characteristics by:
 Dim dWindow As DesktopWindow = Null
 Desktop.Windows.Refresh()
 For Each dWindow In Desktop.Windows
    windowTitles &= dWindow.Name &
 "\n"
    If dWindow.SkipTaskbar = False Then
       Print "Window: Name=" &
 dWindow.Name & ", " & "X=" & dWindow.X &
 ", Y=" & dWindow.Y & ", " & "Width=" &
 dWindow.Width & ", Height=" &
 dWindow.Height
    Endif
 Next

 I would like for the user to select a window by clicking on
 it. Only way
 that I can think of to do that is to specify a transparent
 window
 covering the whole desktop which has a mouse click event. Is
 that the
 best way? If so, how would one allow for the situation where
 a user
 clicks a point which is within 2 overlapping windows, as I
 do not see an
 appropriate property of dWindow (as defined above)?