[Gambas-user] Desktop.Windows

John Rose john.aaron.rose at ...626...
Wed Dec 4 17:50:39 CET 2013

Previously, someone directed me to the app fenetreronde in order to
acces a list of windows (i.e. not just those which are used by a Gambas
app). So one can access windows characteristics by:
Dim dWindow As DesktopWindow = Null
Desktop.Windows.Refresh()
For Each dWindow In Desktop.Windows
   windowTitles &= dWindow.Name & "\n"
   If dWindow.SkipTaskbar = False Then
      Print "Window: Name=" & dWindow.Name & ", " & "X=" & dWindow.X &
", Y=" & dWindow.Y & ", " & "Width=" & dWindow.Width & ", Height=" &
dWindow.Height
   Endif
Next

I would like for the user to select a window by clicking on it. Only way
that I can think of to do that is to specify a transparent window
covering the whole desktop which has a mouse click event. Is that the
best way? If so, how would one allow for the situation where a user
clicks a point which is within 2 overlapping windows, as I do not see an
appropriate property of dWindow (as defined above)?