[Gambas-user] New to this list

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Wed Dec 4 16:06:17 CET 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 08:58 +0100, Wolfgang wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am new to this list and ... well ... I need help. Programming in
> Gambas is fun and does what I want in (almost) every situation. So far
> so good.
>
> But when I make an installation package of my program (for Ubuntu 12.04,
> debian) I have always this Icon showing some tools in a box when
> installing the package, which then is placed in the starter-bar, too. I
> have tried a lot, but I can not make an own Icon for the starter-bar.
>
> After starting my program all Forms/windows have their correct icon
> (which I have set before in the Form.Icon)
>
> But in the starter-bar there is always this "silly" Icon showing tools.
>
> I have learned that icons have to be in png-format...
>
> Where do I set my own program-package-icon?
> Do I need a specific size?
>
> May be a simple way to do right, but I don not know :-(
> Can you help?
>
> Wolf

Hi Wolf,

Welcome to the list.

If you go to your project properties (menu Project -> Properties),
you can click on the Gambas icon on tab General and browse for a .png
image that will become your projects icon.

This icon will then be used to represent your application and used by
the packager as well.

Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/