[Gambas-user] About coordinates in .FindChild(...) function

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Mon Aug 19 18:15:14 CEST 2013

> Ok so if I understand well the find child don't take position into account... Just the size

So that actually the object can be detected/returned by the function ".ChilFind()", it seems to me that:

1) it has to be placed in its position range:
  -  ChildObject.X <= 99
  - ChildObject.Y <= 29

2) (it being understood the previous point 1 ) also the arguments of function have...:
  anyContainer.ChilFind(<= 99, <= 29)

Try yourself.

bye
vuott

 Data: Lunedì 19 agosto 2013, 16:58

 Le 19 août 2013 16:50, "Ru Vuott"
 <vuott at ...325...> a
 écrit :

 > Hello Benoît,
 >
 > I did some other testing and analysis: I place a
 "TextLabel" on Form
 > I have noticed that the object "Child" is identified
 with the function
 ".FindChild(...)", if the object is placed in the "range" of
 the coordinates
 >  TextLabel1.X = 99
 >  TextLabel1.Y = 29.
 >
 > In fact, if I place the "TextLabel" at coordinates .X =
 100  -  .Y = 30,
 the "TextLabel" is no longer returned by that function.
 > And so on:
 > -> .X = 100  -  .Y =
 29   no good
 > ->  .X = 99  -  .Y = 30 no good
 >
 > For the test I used this simple line:
 >
 >  If IsNull(Me.FindChild(99, 29)) = False Then
 Print
 Object.Type(Me.FindChild(99, 29))

 Why ... = False ?
 This is not needed

 Ok so if I understand well the find child don't take
 position into
 account... Just the size

 > Regards
 > vuott

 >  Data: Domenica 18 agosto 2013, 18:18
 >
 >  Le 17/08/2013 21:09, Ru Vuott a
 >  écrit :
 >  > Hello,
 >  >
 >  > I was trying " .FindChild ( X As Integer, Y
 As Integer
 >  ) As Control "  function, I noticed that
 this function
 >  detects and returns any "Child" Object of a its
 "Parent"
 >  Container, only if this Object is positioned at
 the
 >  coordinates .X = 0 and .Y = 0 .
 >  >
 >  > So, even if only one of the two coordinates
 is greater
 >  than zero, the "child" object is no longer
 >  identified/returned.
 >  >
 >  > It is normal or I'm doing something wrong?
 >  >
 >  > Regards
 >  > vuott
 >  >
 >
 >  Do you have some code that shows me the problem?
 >
 >  --
 >  Benoît Minisini

 >  Get 100% visibility into Java/.NET code with
 AppDynamics
 >  Lite!
 >  It's a free troubleshooting tool designed for
 production.
 >  Get down to code-level detail for bottlenecks,
 with <2%
 >  overhead.
 >  Download for free and get started troubleshooting
 in