[Gambas-user] About coordinates in .FindChild(...) function

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Mon Aug 19 16:58:42 CEST 2013

Le 19 août 2013 16:50, "Ru Vuott" <vuott at ...325...> a écrit :

> Hello Benoît,
>
> I did some other testing and analysis: I place a "TextLabel" on Form
> I have noticed that the object "Child" is identified with the function
".FindChild(...)", if the object is placed in the "range" of the coordinates
>  TextLabel1.X = 99
>  TextLabel1.Y = 29.
>
> In fact, if I place the "TextLabel" at coordinates .X = 100  -  .Y = 30,
the "TextLabel" is no longer returned by that function.
> And so on:
> -> .X = 100  -  .Y = 29   no good
> ->  .X = 99  -  .Y = 30 no good
>
> For the test I used this simple line:
>
>  If IsNull(Me.FindChild(99, 29)) = False Then Print
Object.Type(Me.FindChild(99, 29))

Why ... = False ?
This is not needed

Ok so if I understand well the find child don't take position into
account... Just the size