[Gambas-user] [idea] Mini-Liux Distrubution Dedicated for running Gambas Program??

Sat Aug 17 20:59:19 CEST 2013

 From: Patrick <patrick at ...3142...>
> Subject: [Gambas-user] [idea] Mini-Liux Distrubution Dedicated for
>
> I am wondering is it possible to build a 'very small' linux distrubition
> like DamSamllLinux,  but with only Gambas support such that each gambas app
> can be running in a self-contained 'machine' with a  very small foot-print.
This could be not complety possible, due some important gambas modules
need many other software for works, by example the IDE need both QT4
and GTK2 for work, and the installation of QT4 need almost 180Mb for
runtime only.

> VerySmall LiveCD demo (or USBkey-demo)
for that, a ide and modules are not enought, due lack of documentation
user must go to search on mail list and forums, and for that will need
good web browser, this means NSS, XULRUNNER and FIREFOX/ICECAT for
good running on the net/web , currently firefox get 40Mb from disk for
install, adn chromiun get 80Mb

From: Beno?t Minisini <gambas at ...1...>
> It depends on the components and external programs your gambas
> application needs: each component comes with its own dependencies, that
> may force you to install tons of packages...
this idea like me, venenux will come with gambas 3.4 build in, but the
only problem i have its the  media module, currently need gstreamer
0.10.31 as minimun, and in that case the real are 1.0.0 due usage of
newer api funtions such like gstdatetime and timeline operations.
there's some possibility to made media module iwth older gstreamer <<
0.10.31?