[Gambas-user] Feature request: Redirecting stderr of a program run in a terminal emulator

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Aug 4 20:06:11 CEST 2013

Le 04/08/2013 17:59, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> Hi Benoit,
>
> when writing programs that use gb.ncurses it is difficult to emit debugging
> information, i.e. one cannot use the handy Debug or Error instructions
> because they write "string\n" to stderr where "string\r\n" would be needed
> in ncurses mode.
>
> While it would be easy to add a "\r" to the end of each string, it would
> also most likely mess up the display of the program. I think it would be
> best to be able to redirect the standard error of a program which is run in
> a terminal emulator back to the console window in the IDE.
>
> In my imagination this would be a simple checkbox in the project options
> dialog. Could you please implement this?
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Why does ncurses change the behaviour of the standard error stream? I
don't see the reason...

And what do you mean by "redirect the standard error of a program which
is run in a terminal emulator back to the console window in the IDE"?
This is what is already done for all debugged programs!

--
Benoît Minisini