[Gambas-user] Feature request: Redirecting stderr of a program run in a terminal emulator

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Aug 4 17:59:35 CEST 2013

Hi Benoit,

when writing programs that use gb.ncurses it is difficult to emit debugging
information, i.e. one cannot use the handy Debug or Error instructions
because they write "string\n" to stderr where "string\r\n" would be needed
in ncurses mode.

While it would be easy to add a "\r" to the end of each string, it would
also most likely mess up the display of the program. I think it would be
best to be able to redirect the standard error of a program which is run in
a terminal emulator back to the console window in the IDE.

In my imagination this would be a simple checkbox in the project options
dialog. Could you please implement this?

Regards,
Tobi