[Gambas-user] Restructuring the official Gambas examples

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Apr 30 15:39:53 CEST 2013

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> I have never found the time to write good examples so you have my full
> blessing.
>
> Just don't work directly on the current examples
> (/trunk/examples/example). Just create a new directory
> ('/trunk/examples/src' for... example) where you will store all the
> example projects, with the structure you want. Once done, I will modify
> the IDE to point at the new structure.

I merely thought of just adding a Niveau=X token to the .project file of
examples. This would require minimal changes to the actual directory
structure because this grouping of projects by topic shall persist. I would
rather change the default *sorting* within these groups to ascend in their
Niveau values and display the niveau level somewhere around the example's
description (in bold).

Since the IDE happens to parse each example's .project anyway to display
other information this imposes no huge extra costs and can be turned off if
someone wants (an extra RadioButton or two to select the sorting scheme will
be needed, though).

If anyone can imagine a better/more explicit/more elegant (visual) solution
to this problem, I'm all ears.

Regards,
Tobi

PS: Benoit, to set the niveau level in the first place, it may be best to
    add another kind of projects to the "New Project" dialog: examples.
    Opinions?