[Gambas-user] compiling on Debian

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Sun Apr 28 18:58:50 CEST 2013

Le Sun, 28 Apr 2013 17:55:37 +0200, Willy Raets
<willy at ...2734...> a écrit:

> On Sun, 2013-04-28 at 18:32 +1000, Ian Haywood wrote:
>> BUT
>> the file /usr/lib/gambas3/gb.qt4.gambas does not exist and the
>> existing Debian packaging scripts expect it (i.e. it used to exist
>> back when Gambas was last successfully packaged: 3.1.1)
>> gb.qt4.so and gb.qt4.component are generated.
>
> Since gb.qt4 is not written in Gambas there should not be a
> gb.qt4.gambas. Only the components written in Gambas have one.
>
> How did the gb.qt4.gambas end up in the Debian repo of 3.1.1?

I remember that a small part of gb.qt4 and gb.gtk were written in gambas
(the Action class I think), making it an hybrid component, so that's why a
gb.qt4.gambas were generated.
But since the 3.4 version, this class has been moved to the gb.gui.base
component, and now gb.qt4 and gb.gtk are now completely made in C/C++, so
that's may be why that file is not generated anymore.

--
Adrien Prokopowicz