[Gambas-user] compiling on Debian

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sun Apr 28 17:55:37 CEST 2013

On Sun, 2013-04-28 at 18:32 +1000, Ian Haywood wrote:
> I am currently trying to compile gambas on debian
>
> it now sees to work better: whether this is due to fixes in gambas or
> debian libraries being slightly less ancient and catching up with
> gambas requirements, I'm not sure.

I presume you managed to install Gambas and it runs.

> BUT
> the file /usr/lib/gambas3/gb.qt4.gambas does not exist and the
> existing Debian packaging scripts expect it (i.e. it used to exist
> back when Gambas was last successfully packaged: 3.1.1)
> gb.qt4.so and gb.qt4.component are generated.

Since gb.qt4 is not written in Gambas there should not be a
gb.qt4.gambas. Only the components written in Gambas have one.

How did the gb.qt4.gambas end up in the Debian repo of 3.1.1?
But what is more important is, does this mean the Debian repo can't be
updated to 3.4.1?
Is there a way of circumventing the Debian script to make it work.
I'm not a Debian packager, but maybe someone here knows so your Gambas
installation can be used for updating the Debian repo.

We could use that :)

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)