[Gambas-user] Window size issue when moving Gambas3 program from Ubuntu to XUbuntu

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Apr 9 01:30:02 CEST 2013

Le 08/04/2013 23:24, PM47 a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a Gambas 3 program that has been developed under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and
> presents a main window exactly 1024 x 768 pixels. If I copy the program to a
> machine running XUbuntu 12.04, using exactly the same up to date version of
> Gambas 3 from the nemh ppa, it presents a main window exactly 7/8ths of the
> size, it all works perfectly, it's just smaller with everything scaled
> perfectly. Unfortunately it's designed to fit the XUbuntu screen size of
> 1024 x 768, but it doesn't :-(
>
> This is not a hardware issue as this process works fine if I run standard
> Ubuntu 12.04 on the smaller machine, it's only shown up since I loaded
> XUbuntu 12.04.
>
> If I open and edit the main form on the XUbuntu machine to be the correct
> size it's fine, but editing a full screen form on a machine with a display
> the same size is not exactly convenient.
>
> Wierd - any suggestions please ??

If you don't want a form to scale according to the current font size,
set the "Scaled" property to False. Or explicitely resize the form
during the Form_Open event handler.

Benoît Minisini